Site Access Instruction and Plant Safety Instruction
With the instructions we contribute to ongoing safety improvement on the Chemelot Site.
Site Access Instruction
The Site Access Instruction comprises a digital presentation with information that is important for being granted access to the Chemelot Site and for enhancing safety.
After the presentation, a test is to be taken to ensure that the information is properly absorbed and that the site can safely be entered. When the test is passed successfully, access authorization is granted, which is valid for three years for staff of Chemelot-based plants and main contractors, while the validity is one year for non-main contractors. Daily passes are issued to visitors for the duration of their visit.
Where can the site access instruction session be attended?
The locations where the site access instruction session can be attended have remained unchanged: Gates 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 and through Chemelot’s Central Company Passes Desk at Gate 5. Staff of companies on the site and main contractors can also attend in-house instruction sessions after having received a personal invitation by email.
Uniform Plant Safety Instruction
Chemelot has a uniform plant safety instruction. Supplementing the site access instruction, this instruction is mandatory for anyone who enters a plant without being supervised.
The new plant safety instruction covers the general regulations and safety rules for all plants. In the form of a presentation it discusses subjects like work permits, dangerous substances and situations, personal protective equipment and what to do in case of an alarm.
After the presentation a test is taken to ensure that the information is properly absorbed and the plant can safely be accessed. Upon a successful test, a plant safety certificate is issued that has a term of validity of one year (for external company staff, non-main contractors) or three years (for Chemelot and main contractor staff).
How can the new plant safety instruction sessions be attended?
- Main contractor staff: in-house, checked by authorized persons
- Staff of Chemelot-based companies: in-house
- Non-main contractor staff and external company staff: at Chemelot, Park Services/ ACC location, in the instruction room, with advance notification via www.sitech.nl/nl/trainingen-park-services
Regulations of the Site Rules (only available in Dutch):
- Vaststellen huisbaasgebieden / huisbazen
- De rollen bij het tot stand komen van de Site Werkvergunning
- Graaf- en Grondroerende werkzaamheden
- Bevoegde personen aanvraag firmapassen
- Checklist meldingen bij Ongewone Voorvallen